Yoga classes with Lucy Murray
I am a Yoga teacher running classes in Worcestershire and Gloucestershire at Stoulton (near Worcester), Drakes Broughton, Pershore, Little Comberton and Ripple, near Upton upon Severn. I also offer individual tuition and run specialist classes in Meditation and Yoga Nidra (deep relaxation).
Since my first Yoga class in the late 1990s I have been fascinated by Yoga as a toolkit for life. Coming from a career in commerce, I had spent years sitting at a desk and behind the wheel of a car gathering both physical and mental tensions. Yoga offered me an opportunity to unwind in body and mind leaving me clearer, brighter and more comfortable on all levels.
Over the years, I have explored a variety of styles and traditions from a wide range of teachers, to all of whom I am grateful. My teaching style is a fusion of all that I have found beneficial from my studies. My teaching qualification is from the British Wheel of Yoga and I am fully insured and bound by their professional codes of conduct. This includes the obligation to undertake continuing professional development, so I regularly attend workshops to enhance my teaching. Details of my Yoga qualifications are below.
My classes are run along traditional lines including posture work, breathing practices, relaxation and meditation. Each course I teach has a theme which draws on Yoga philosophy and ideas, so that familiar practices can be examined in ways which are fresh and engaging while new practices are introduced. I place strong emphasis on the physical safety of students, and encourage everyone to work in a way that is steady and comfortable, yet gently challenging. Modifications of practices are always possible so that students can comfortably find their own way towards a place of serenity, harmony and well-being. I encourage students to ask questions, make choices about what is best for them and to take responsibility for their home practice. My teaching is underpinned by the spiritual and philosophical foundations of Yoga and is therefore compatible with any faith, religion or tradition.
- BWY Foundation Course 1 with Jan Wilding
- BWY Foundation Course 2 with Jan Wilding
- BWY Meditation Module 1 with Maarten Vermaase (Tibetan Buddhism, Mahamudra tradition)
- BWY Diploma Course (BWYQ Level 4) with Liz Parker and Sue Hayles
- Yoga and Mental Health with Amarjyoti and Shantipriya, Satyanda tradition
- Teen Yoga Training with Charlotta Martinus
- Special Yoga and Mindfulness for Children and Young People with Autism and ADD/ADHD with Jo Manuel (November 2014)
- Meditation Module 2 with Maarten Vermaase
- Yoga Nidra with Satyaprakash, Satyananda tradition
- Pranayama Module with Maarten Vermaase
- Meditation Module 3 with Maarten Vermaase - ongoing